Wednesday 5 February 2014

CNY @ Pasir Ris Downtown East

Chinese New Year Eve (30th Jan 2014)
 
We had decided to spend our Chinese New Year at Downtown East since August last year. No visiting for us...yippee...
 
I knocked off at 12pm on that day and rushed home to do my final packing. We decided to book a cab as we had plenty of stuff to bring along.
 
The check-in process was very fast and we were very happy with the room that we were being allocated. It was very near to the entrance and most importantly, it was quite spacious.
 
 👍Staycation @ Downtown East 👍
 
We rested for a short while before we went out to hunt for food for our reunion dinner. It was actually quite "quiet" at Downtown East. I guess everyone was having their reunion dinner at restaurant or at home.
 
There wasn't much choice for us to choose so we decided to have Thai food for our reunion dinner since the waiter was quite friendly and polite.
 We had ordered too much food le... In the end, we had to pack the balance pineapple rice and "untouched" fried chicken back for supper. The milky Tom Yum seafood soup and the hotplate toufu was nice.  I loved the coconut drink I ordered.
 
There was a 20% discount for CASH payment. Lucky we brought enough cash to enjoy the discount.
 
Lemongrass Thai Restaurant Pte Ltd
Pasir Ris Branch 1 Pasir Ris Close
#01-41 The Alley @ Downtown East
Singapore 519599
 
After that, we went back to the room to watch HK TVB Drama, Coffee Cat Mama (貓屎媽媽) while waiting for the countdown. However, we didn't make it for the countdown as we all fell asleep before midnight.  

1st day of Chinese New Year (31st Jan 2014)
 
We spent our whole day watching the HK TVB Drama. It was only until late afternoon that Amy came to visit us with the yu sheng. We went to lou yu sheng at the stone table just outside the room as we did not want to dirty the room...heehee...  


 
My sister and family came shortly we finish our lou hei. We did not wait for them for the lou hei as they were on vegetatian on the 1st day of CNY. After fetching them from the entrance, we went to have our dinner.
 
We went to the BBQ Chicken Restaurant for our dinner. I was super upset with the dining experience there. This will be my first and last. They served uncooked BBQ chicken and their service sucks... Lucky I never "lao sai" after eating some of the uncooked chicken.
 
We also slept early that night. Very squeezy but still we managed to overcome it. Jun cried the whole night.
 
2nd day of Chinese New Year (1st Feb 2014)

After much "struggle", I decided to go back to office early in the morning to do my reports.
Picture taken in office while doing the reports. Love my hair extension.
 
By the time I went back to Downtown East, it was already late afternoon le.  I made myself a cup of Rootbeer Float before steamboat dinner started. This was our 2nd time eating steamboat on the floor. We didn't manage to finish all the food my mum brought. So next year we shall be having BBQ instead.
 
We actually wanted to go to the Float @ Marina Bay for the River Hongbao but decided not as I did not bring my professional camera (Xiao Bai).
 
After dinner, we took family photos again!!!
 
 
Since it was our last night at the chalet, I decided to keep myself awake so I went to buy a cup of cappuccino from Coffeebean. Anyway it did not work out well as I was the 1st to sleep.
 
I brought Jun along to walk walk around Downtown East as Zack was too busy with his ipad.


 
 
 3rd day of Chinese New Year (2nd Feb 2014)
 
The checkout time was 10.30am. My brother-in-law drove us back. We had a hard time trying to squeeze all our stuff in his car. We should have taken a cab instead.
 
After unpacking my stuff, I brought Zack to visit his grandmother and my mother-in-law. 


 
 This was how I spent my CNY holidays. Though it was boring, I like it as I hate all the visiting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment